Dark Horse Pros is an online rewards-based crowdfunding company dedicated to the needs of athletes in action and extreme sports.
A successful crowdfunding campaign provides:
- funds to athletes
- rewards (items or unique experiences) to contributors
- The DHP business concept was initially formed in June 2013.
- DHP incorporated in February 2014.
- DHP is located in Flagstaff, Arizona.
- A dark horse is “a candidate or competitor about whom little is known but who unexpectedly wins or succeeds.” (Google)
“As a dad, I wanted to get my son into motorsports. I knew that karting was the initial step to get there and I stumbled upon a karting documentary that talked about the high costs of competitive driving. It showed how average families were struggling to compete with drivers who had means. I wanted to level the playing field."
"That sparked the idea that with my connections, business experience, and an understanding of social media, I could create something to help serve the needs of similar struggling athletes.”
- Mark McDonald, CEO and Founder
Shannon Director of Marketing
Amen Supercross & Motorcross Scout